Adding a New Site Style

Oct 19, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Great work Cory - that a great new feature to add to Sharepoint 2010. However when i click sites/TestWsp/_layouts/CP.SharePoint.SiteStyles/styleweb.aspx there is only one theme there!

I see that your Adding a New Site Style is under construction...i don't mean to rush ya but i would be great to have at least to style or a little guidance on how to add a style in there.

thanks Cory,

W

Coordinator
Oct 19, 2010 at 3:25 PM

I've updated the documentation per your request. Please let me know if you have any further questions. I also plan on adding screenshots to the documentation as well in the near future.

Thanks for installing!

Oct 20, 2010 at 7:05 AM

thanks - that's awesome.

Now an interesting question would be:

would an end user be able to change style?

like a theme switch drop down on the facing site?

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Yep! It is designed such that as long as the user has the Design permission (same permission required to change a theme) then they will be able to change the style.

Cory

From: atoswchataigner [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 3:06 AM
To: Cory Peters
Subject: Re: Adding a New Site Style [spsitestyles:231476]

thanks - that's awesome.

Now an interesting question would be:

would an end user be able to change style?

like a theme switch drop down on the facing site?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (spsitestyles@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email spsitestyles@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 26, 2010 at 2:24 PM

Thanks for this Cory. I find it bizarre that SP2010 doesn't allow you to apply custom CSS to all sites including non-publishing sites OOB, so I really appreciate your efforts with this.

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Will this automatically apply my CSS to any non-publishing site that the user creates after I have activated the feature?

Cheers

David